Tag Archives: Encana

My first trade this month!

27 Feb

Today, I sold out my ECA in my Questrade Margin account for a profit of $200.10, a gain of 11.34%.  Overall, I’m quite happy with this trade.  I held these shares for 42 days. 

If I had sold ECA earlier, I would have made a higher profit.  It’s not good to dwell on the past, time for me to look forward to another position in a potential stock.  What could it be?  I have about $2585.91 sitting in cash. 

I have too many miscellanous stocks in my Questrade RRSP account.  I would like to sell off most of my stocks and pour more into a money making machine!

Patience is the Key

21 Feb

Sometimes patience wins over a quick profit.  Thing is you don’t turn a profit till you sell your stock.  The market is ruthless and can go in either direction any given day.  I was really pondering on whether I should sell my Encana/Mastercard shares to meet my $500 quota for January 2012.  That’s when I left for my vacation.  So I put off the sale of these two stocks for a turn of profit which proved to be the right move.

As of now, Encana and Mastercard has given me a 13% return in the past month.  The question is when do I sell before they lose their momentum?

Here is my never revealed full open stock portfolio ending Feb 21st:

Long Haul

23 Jan

Looks like I’ll be sticking with Mastercard for the long haul.  I had a couple of opportunities to selling Mastercard at breakeven or even at a little profit, but I had higher hopes for them!  So I kept it.  That was a mistake.  I should have sold and bought back at an even lower price of $338.50 that they’re going for right now.  My average is at $350.  So this is a longer term hold that I had expected.

I always hold the wrong stocks and sell off the good ones.  Like Cliff Natural Resources, they went on to go into the lower $70s.  I could have made my $500 plus some more quota if I only had held on.

ECA is making a nice buck today… If I sell now, I can meet my $500 quota for the month.  Should I wait for more profits or take it while I can?  I will ponder some more… before I make my decision.

Sleep Mode

29 Jun

Time to stop checking on my brokerage accounts all together.  Stay clear for a few days.  Today’s been especially tough.  It might be a good time to buy now, but I’m staying out of the waters for now till it’s calmer. 

All of my stocks took a significant dip.  I made some trades at loss to protect my assets.  Maybe, I’ll buy back in the future.  Hopefully, I’ll let my other stocks rest for a bit and see what will come out of it in the coming weeks to months.

Updated @ July 6th:
Unfortunately, I was heavy on the margin side when the market took a plunge suddenly.  I had to sell my Agrium at loss of $119.98 and Encana at loss of $135.98.  Why do I always let profit slip through my fingers?  Countless of times!  Greed plays a good portion for my hopes it’ll go up higher after a significant gain.  I let myself hold till the profit become losses.  I had two specific people telling me to sell Encana when I was up 8% but I held on stubbornly.  Now, I am free of Encana without a gain.  Let lessons be learned.

Encana- Natural Gas Play

21 Jun

Dissapointing results from Research in Motion lead to my ultimate decision to purchase Encana back in April 5, 2010.   I broke down after watching RIM from its high $77.00 falling to my buy in price of $67.00.  I hit the sell button, not wanting to lose my own capital.  Unrealized profits slip through my hands in a matter of days after the shortfall of the quarterly earning report.  Lesson learned.  If I had held on a few more days after I sold, I would have walked away with a few hundred.  But it’s not worth my time to fret and whine now.

My mentality of money sitting in my trading account is to BUY BUY BUY.  I always end up buying at its high.  With Encana, I bought it when it climbed 95 cents that very day.  I ended up buying at the end of the day.  Shortly after my purchase, the stock retreated below my buy in price.  This time, I bought half of ECA on margin and I was afraid of getting a margin call.  Luckily, it never came abouts.  After holding for a couple months, I’m at a profit of around $700. 

Here’s my dilemma, I don’t know when to let go of a stock when it’s climbing.  I keep on hoping it’ll still go up higher if I hold longer.  But many times, I’ve made bad decisions on not selling.  Yet, one time I did sell… that very same stock went on to climb another 200%.  Oh, the stock god does not love me at all.